- Singular limits (zero-viscosity, relaxation, incompressible limit, semi-classical limits) and dispersive equations in mathematical physics.
- Nonlinear wave patterns in multi-dimensions.
- Particle/molecular dynamics (kinetic methods, passage from microscopic to macroscopic, numerical issues in transitional regimes, magneto-hydrodynamics).
- Theory and numerics of multiphases and interfaces (boundary layers, phase boundaries, multiphase wave propagation).
- Transport in complex environments (homogenization, semiclassical limits, scattering in random media, porous media, biological applications, network and traffic flows).
- Control problems for Hyperbolic PDEs (controllability/stabilizability properties, optimal control) and Hamilton-Jacobi related problems.
- General relativity and Geometric PDEs.
LINK IMPA INSTITUTO NACIONAL DE MATEMÁTICA PURA E APLICADA-BRASIL